Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Other Side

Welcome!!
Now that you have shown the courage and decided to follow me to this new blog (refer latest post on http://patternedrandomness.blogspot.com/ )... welcome aboard!! Over the next one year...I shall attempt to capture all that is worth capturing (I decide the worth :)) from the one year training that I shall be undergoing at HUL. Each component of the training will make a separate book and each experience shall make a chapter within it. Unlike a normal book, there wouldn'e be continuity between chapters...which by design is in line with the theme of Total randomness that the blog follows. But the author (I always wanted to refer to myself as 'the author' :)) is sure that his amazingly intelligent and erudite audience shall make up their own mental picture of how these disconnected pieces join up...and hence shall form their own story of what I went through (which is as it should be)!
In case you can find a pattern in this chaos...do let me know..your questions...comments...discussions shall help keep the blog alive and the posts coming.
Book I - The Sales Stint!
We begin our journey in the arid lands of Rajasthan...the place where I shall be spending 5 months (starting may) of my training. This shall be my sales stint...the 19 week period where I literally sell soaps to earn a living! Along the way, I shall treat this blog as a tool to reflect upon, to share and to analyse the various things I notice and the varied experiences I have (since this blog comes a month after the stint started...I already have a few things to share!)
Yea yea...no one likes the preface...wanna start with the chapters...well just a little background before we get going. I started off my stint in Jodhpur, where I stayed for 2 weeks. The aim was to start grasping the FMCG business...the systems n process..the terminology and the roles...before I went to Ajmer (which is my current location) and took up my independant charge. Now, If the above doesnt make any sense to you...its ok...the blog isn't about HUL, the BLT program or the FMCG Business...its about what all I learnt, noticed and was touched by while I was failing miserably at understanding the FMCG business (hope my tutor doesn't read this :))
Well that's it...lets begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment